Virtual Engineering for Production Facilities
- assignment_turned_in Teilnahmebescheinigung von TÜV Rheinland
- access_time Unbegrenzter Zugriff
- trending_up Kursniveau: Einsteiger
- timelapse Lernumfang: ca. 90 Minuten
- language Sprache: englisch
Über den Online-Kurs
Digitalization leads to dramatic changes: Not only are technologies changing faster and faster, but our work processes must also change in order to meet increasing demands for quality, flexibility, time-to-market and productivity. Learn how virtual engineering and the digital twin can help you meet these challenges!
This skill presents practical content based on the expert knowledge of partners like evosoft and ITQ. Learn what virtual engineering and the digital twin are and what advantages, but also challenges come along with them. Learn how the engineering process changes through virtual engineering and get to know practical examples where virtual engineering and the concept of the digital twin have been concretely applied.
This skill is aimed at users who are interested not only in the basics but also in concrete applications of virtual engineering.
- Knowing what virtual engineering is and what its advantages are.
- Knowing what the difference is between hardware-in-the-loop and software-in-the-loop and when to use which procedure.
- Knowing what a digital twin is.
- Knowing about the advantages of using a digital twin.
- Knowing about the misunderstandings and challenges that exist about digital twins.
- Knowing how the classical engineering process is changed by virtual engineering.
- Knowing which changes and advantages virtual engineering brings pre-commissioning.
- Knowing about the changes and advantages Virtual Engineering brings to commissioning.
- Knowing which changes and advantages can be achieved through virtual engineering after commissioning of a plant or machine.
- Knowing about an example of a plant model where virtual engineering was used to develop a digital twin.
- Knowing about the technical structure of the plant model.
- Knowing how a digital twin is constructed by looking at the example of the evosoft plant model.
- Knowing about the evosoft plant model’s digital twin.
- Knowing how the digital twin is actually used for virtual engineering and how it made improvements across the engineering process possible.
What is Virtual Engineering?
Learn what virtual engineering is, what current challenges it faces, and how it can be implemented in practice.
Test: Test: Virtual Engineering
Test your virtual engineering knowledge in a short multiple choice test.
What is a Digital Twin?
Learn what a digital twin is and what basic building blocks it contains. Also learn about the benefits of using a digital twin and common misunderstandings and challenges.
The Engineering Process Model
How does virtual engineering change the classic engineering process? Learn how virtual engineering works in the different phases of the classical process and what advantages it brings.
The evosoft Plant Model
Learn about a concrete example of a plant that was designed with the help of Virtual Engineering.
Practical Example: Digital Twin and Virtual Engineering
Look at a concrete example of how a digital twin and virtual engineering can be put to practical use. Find out what improvements can be achieved by using a digital twin and virtual engineering.
Case Example: smart4i
Learn more about how core Industrie 4.0 concepts and technologies are used in the smart4i demonstrator. You will also learn how new development methods can radically reduce the development time of a plant.
Case Example Digital Twin: smart4i
What does a digital twin look like in practice? How can a digital twin and its physical counterpart be controlled? Let's take the example of the industrie 4.0 demonstrator smart4i.
Introduction to Virtual Engineering
Learn how virtual engineering can be put into practice in your company.
Test: Digital Twin
Test your knowledge about what a digital twin is and what opportunities and challenges it presents in a short multiple choice test.
Übersicht der Lerninhalte
Virtual Engineering for Production Facilities
Virtual Engineering for Production Facilitiesextension Interaktiver Inhalttimelapse 1h 30m
Fragen & Diskussion
Kommentare und Fragen zum Kurs
Du hast noch Fragen zum Kurs? Du möchtest Dir ein genaueres Bild vom Ablauf machen? Egal ob Du Deine eigenen Erfahrungen mit der Lerngemeinschaft teilen möchtest oder Rückfragen zu einzelnen Inhalten hast: Beteilige Dich einfach an den Diskussionen zu diesem Kurs.